New planted tank

I just set up a planted tank in which I plan on breeding some apistos.
For algae control, I only have a pair of bristle nose and one male (I
think) flagfish.  I was wondering if I should add some MTS and perhaps
another couple of flagfish if I can find them (if you're in the
Edmonton, AB area and have some you would like to sell/trade please
email me off list).  I was also thinking about some otto cats, but it is
only a twenty gallon tank and I don't want it too crowded.
  The substrate is Fluorite (2") w/ a layer of sand over top (1") and am
using Flourish and Flourish Iron for fertilizer.

TIA
Jason Miller
Sherwood Park, AB