Noxious Plants

Greetings,

I have seen the tag "noxious" applied to a few old standards (e.g. H.
polysperma). I know what it means, but am curious if there is a list
somewhere with these plants listed on it. Also, what criteria are used to
determine if a particular plant is noxious or not? What ramifications does
the noxious label have for aquatic gardeners? I have been able to get H.
polysperma with no problems at all, for example.

-Andrea
          A.J. Reed            * You see, in this world there's two
   e-mail: ajreed at home_com     * kinds of people, my friend: Those
 Disclaimer: I *definitely*    * with loaded guns and those who dig.
 do not speak for the group.   *            You dig.