Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #934

At 03:48 AM 3/28/99 -0500, Ken Wheelan asks:
>I'm using the ARO F01 needle Valves bought from Graingers as specified on
>George Booth's web page.   The problem I am having with these valves is that
>they do not turn all the way off.

A needle valve is not a shutoff valve, it isn't supposed to shut off.

> One of them will turn far enough down to
>be acceptable,   The other will not get that far down and I am having to
>bleed off the excess CO2 in order not to overdose the tank.   This is a
>problem since I am wasting CO2 and I can't seem to get it adjusted very
>well.
>What I want to know is the best needle valve for this purpose.

The best needle valve for reducing pressure is the Hoke microregulation
valve.  It costs about $100 or somewhat more, depending on the importer you
buy it from.   The second best choice is NO NEEDLE VALVE for pressure
regulation, only for flow control.  If you change your diffusors to Eheim,
you will have just the hardware you need with what you already have.
Eheims are available from mail order discounters (or from me, blatant
commercial plug).

--
http://www.wcf.com/co2iron