Spiranthes cernua

James Purchase asked about Spiranthes cernua(note spelling).

	This so called "Water orchid" is native to N. America and
	is usually found in wet meadows, near streams and wet magins
	of lakes.

	I don't know anything about growing it in an aquarium but I
	seriously doubt that it could be done for very long. I can
	grow a Cattleya under water for a little while,but ofcourse,
	that doesn't make it an aquatic.

	I would grow it in an open topped tank, potted in spaghnum,
	somehow suspended a the surface. ?

	A paludarium would be a super way to cultivate this plant.

	Hmm, now how can I get some?

	Michael
--
Michael Serpa * Bay Island Orchids