Re:Shrimp- Jordanella Floridae

In a message dated 3/29/99 4:12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, Aquatic-Plants-
Owner at actwin_com writes:

> Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 06:08:53 -0800
>  From: Wright Huntley <huntley1 at home_com>
>  Subject: Re: Flag fish and shrimp
>
>  Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 00:13:59 -0500
>  From: cwells <cdwells at concentric_net>
>  Subject: Flag fish and shrimp
>
>  > I have some Florida Flag fish in quarantine as possible hair algae
eaters.
>  > Will they mess with my algae shrimp?
>
>  Quite possibly. This may be one exception to the "din-din" rule. [If it
fits
> in
>  the mouth it's din-din.]
>
>  When shrimp molt, they have no hard shell for a while. Some fish can enjoy
>  dinner of "soft-shell crab" and sharp-toothed specimens like American-Flag
> Fish*
>  are pretty likely to try a nibble.
>
>  I wouldn't trust them, if I were you.
>
>  Wright

Wright

I have seen the Flags eat some very large shrimp. Very cichlid like. I
wouldn't trust them at all. Flags will eat most everything IMO. They spawn
like many cichlids and EAT like many cichlids.

Jim Eller
http://www.angelfire.com/biz2/killietrader
http://killietrader.webjump.com
Join the Killie Trader Mailing List - Buy/Sell/Trade Killifish! Worldwide!