Eheim Diffuser

I recently setup a Eheim high pressure diffuser.
Lots of bubbles were escaping to the surface, so
I put the diffuser below the intake of my canister
filter. Only a stray bubble now and then escapes
to the surface. The return filtered water is free of
bubbles. Some CO2 does collect in the canister filter,
rocking the filter expels the built up CO2.

The Eheim can also be partially buried under gravel
to lower it (bury the tubing part).

I'm also hoping that this will also prevent sludge/algae
from building up in the diffuser, because the intake
strainer blocks light from getting to the sintered
glass in the diffuser.

Sherlock Wong