brew house CO2 system

I was over at a local brew it your self store to get yeast when I spied
a 20 lb CO2 container and regulator system
price for the tank ~$69 new and filled, the two stage regulator with cut
off valve was ~$49.
Are these good prices?
I would need a needle valve to get flow control accurate right?
Would the cut off valve serve this purpose?  It looks like a plated
brass ball valve.

Lastly - they had some additives that helped the yeast grow in wine
making.
Is there anything besides sugar and champagne yeast that will make the
DIY last longer?
thanks
Chris Wells
cdwells at concentric_net