Re: CO2 questions

In a message dated 3/24/1999 3:12:45 PM Central Standard Time, Aquatic-Plants-
Owner at actwin_com writes:

>  Patrick,
>
>  For the CO2 supply, I think there would be no need to supply 24 hours.
>  Having a solenoid valve and a timer will be good enough to supply CO2 to
the
>  plant.  You can add a long term CO2 monitoring device to check  the
adequacy
>  of CO2.
>
>  pH controller will give you more information about the concentration of CO2
>  if you know the kH or control the CO2 concentration by altering the pH
under
>  a given kH.  But the cost will be at least triple or more.  However, it is
>  very convenient to know the pH value of your tank.
>
>  Matthew

I'll agree with MAtthew but also make an added suggestion.  If you take it
step by step slowly it is less pain full on your pocket book.  Step one would
be the basic CO2 running constantly.  Step two might be adding the timer
and solenoid to shut it off at night or when your lights are off.  Step three
would be hook it up with the pH controller.

Dennis