Re: Turn your PC into a pH meter

I have tried the pH Turtle which is a similar instrument from Hanna
instruments (see www.hannainst.com) and am not completely satisfied with
it.  It seems they are very affected by all the 'minor' stray voltages
that typically are in the aquarium--powerheads, filters, etc.  I was able
to get good readings from a ten gallon, but not from a 125 gallon tank.  I
am re-attempting the 125 measurements with a stray voltage probe in the
tank, but I have to relocate my PC--so until then, it sits.  My goal is to
setup a program that emails me when my pH gets out of range ;-)

Tom Petersen
peter334 at tc_umn.edu