RE: Effects of hot water through an RO unit?

> I guess my question is - could the hot water have done
> something to the
> carbon to make it pass the clorine through and even flush some of it
> out?

I doubt it.  Your fish probably responded to low oxygen--hot water has
very little dissolved gas in it.  Changing 20 gallons of hypoxic water
to your tank caused the dissolved oxygen level to drop, causing distress
in your fish.  They responded when you aerated the water, no?

Regards,

Mark