Java moss as tank "wall paper"

A while back there was a thread about backdrops inside the tank using
various things to attach plants by.
I have a low light 65 gallon long.  It's been set up for a while now, and
has had varying amounts of lighting over this time.  I have not scraped the
algae from the back glass.  About two months ago I redid the tank and just
plunked some java moss in the back part.  The moss has sent up christmas
tree shapes that are attached to the algae.  It looks a bit foresty and it
is flat against the algae, so no tufts sticking out.  "Hmmm, pretty cool,
Mother Nature".

G. Kadar