Fertilising Regimes

Could someone give me some good pointers regarding fertlising regimes.

Basically, I am using a proprietory product that adds daily nutrients (for
macro/micro ? nutients) and monthly or two weekly basic fertiliser in tablet
form. My tank is 55 Gall with laterite/gravel ONLY substrate & 125 Watts of
light. Tank parameters are generally PH 6.8, GH 5, KH 4, NO3 5mg/ltr Temp
82.

The water that I add to my tank goes through a twin-stage carbon filtration
unit to take out particulate matter & hopefully any real nasties. The water
is then built up to GH 5 & KH 4 as generally my water is quite soft & low in
salts.

Question: Assuming I am adding the daily drops & monthly/2-weekly tablets do
I need to add anything else to the water (eg.Potassium) or is it better to
just watch the plants and assume the manufacturer has done his/her job
correctly ?

Andy Moore  -  andy at ascot_u-net.com

Treasurer/BBb Tuba Player Poulton-le-Fylde Brass Band
and Aquatic Plant/Discus collector

http://www.ascot.u-net.com/home/Band.htm