[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: filtration questions
- To: Aquatic Plants Digest <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: filtration questions
- From: "H. Hoekstra" <hugo at greed_nl>
- Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 01:03:57 +0100
- In-Reply-To: <199903182048.PAA07087 at acme_actwin.com>
>Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 02:22:09 +0800
>From: Edison Yap <integrit at mnl_sequel.net>
>I would like to ask the following questions regarding filtration:
>1. Is it okey to use an Ehiem 2213 Power Filter ( for 66 gal tank) for my
>100 Gal tank with around 10 Dwarf Cichlids , 20 Tetra, 20 Yamato Ebi, and
>some 5 SAE?
It's on the low side I think, I am using an Eheim 2215 for my 100 gallon
tank, and this filters the water twice an hour.
>2. What kind of filtering material is best to maintain good clarity, but
>would not compromise the health of the plants and fishes?
I use ceramic pipes at the bottom and above that aquarium filter wool.
Works well for me !