Re: Boiling Water

Hi all:

This is my first post, so please bear with me. I have been lurking for many
months and have learned an incredible amount. I have two planted fish tanks
(10 gallon and 30 gallon).

My tap water is very strange. It has no general hardness but 18 - 20 dKH and a
pH of more than 8.0. The books just don't cover this combination. I tried
boiling the water once, and the KH actually ROSE several degrees. I have begun
to import water from nearby Denton, except for a (I think) boron deficiency it
is great water. I'm guessing the local water contains bicarbonates and not
carbonates. But I admit water chemistry makes my head spin.

Comments?

Cheryl Hofmann
Oak Point, TX