Re: Vals not growing well on one side of tank

In a message dated 3/16/99 9:02:18 PM, Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com writes:

<<They won't multiply as fast if I don't plant them close together.  When
I want them to multiply I take all the runners and the parent plant and
replant them together.  It takes a week or two and then all at once they
begin to send out strong, fast growing runners.>>

Interestingly, even on the "poorer" (and I hesitate to use the word poor, lets
just say it's not as dramatic) growth side the density of plants is about the
same.

Another APD'er e-mailed me privately to ask me if the sun hit the tank more on
one side than the other. The sun hits equally. So those of you thinking it's
lighting from the sun...forget it <G>.

This has had me stumped for a number of months now. Maybe if someone saw the
picture of the tank they might have a clue. Gee web pages are useful for
something other than a "feel good"!  A picture is located at
http://members.aol.com/snotabby/body_38planted.html.

Susan A, still puzzled, but writing from a warm and sunny NH