[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Dichotomous Key for Algae Eating Cyprinids (and Look-Alikes)
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Dichotomous Key for Algae Eating Cyprinids (and Look-Alikes)
- From: Anton D Solovyov <s691461 at bcm_tmc.edu>
- Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 19:20:00 -0600 (CST)
- In-Reply-To: <199903150848.DAA01407 at acme_actwin.com>
>1A. Mouth is in the form of a clinging suckermouth
> Goto 2
>1B. Mouth is not in the form of a clinging suckermouth
> Goto 3
>2A. Horizontal stripe is well defined
> Otocinclus sp.
>2B. Horizontal stripe is irregular or "checkered"
> Chinese Algae Eater, Gyrinocheilus aymonieri (Tirant,
What about comparing the "algae-eating properties" of these similar
looking species? For example I was going to buy chinese algae eaters
(thinking they are the same fish as SAE) Do they eat algae as well as SAE
do or not??