Re: Discus in Planted Tank

Andy Moore wrote:

For anyone who keeps Discus in a fully planted setup - how crutial do you
think it is to keep the fish around 86F ? I have currently been keeping my
temperatures around the 79-80F mark to give the plants an easier time, and
me.

Hi Andy,

My experience has been it is fairly crucial to keep the temperature
in the 82-84 range. I just have to limit the types of plants I keep.
I have found that swords, val, crypts all do well. I have more trouble
with stem plants.

I hope this helps.

Joe Sachleben
joesach at chemistry_ohio-state.edu