tadpoles

A friend of mine says he has good luck with tadpoles to keep algae down.

I bought a couple and put them in a tank but they aren't very happy -
they just sit there.
The water chemistry - ph ~6.5, GK~12, ammonia - on the edge - justl
detectable, Nitrates low . Temp 74F
I do a lot of water changes - I think my water supplier has started to
use Chloroamines
I'm concerned that they might be sick.
In the future I'll look for active individuals - the place I got them
from is not the best.

What are some of the pros and cons of tadpoles?
I understand the issues of parasites - I pulled a fish louse off of one
of these.

Chris
cdwells at concentric_net