Name/location issue

Not to beat a dead horse, but I wanted to add my 2 cents worth on the
name/location issue.  I think moderation is the key here.  Several
months ago, after posting a desperate plea for a particular out-of-print
book, Peter, from this list, loaned me his copy.  (Not to mention the
other kind individuals who attempted to help me locate it  and who all
used their names).  It was really nice knowing who I was corresponding
with.  It makes me wonder if he would have been as eager to help me if I
had been using an alias.  I would have been reluctant to give him my
address etc had he not been willing to share his name  (no offense
Peter) ... It is unnerving to reply to people when I am willing to
supply my name and they are not.  There are alot of nice people who
subscribe to this list.   You have to be cautious but in moderation I
think.  Thanks, I am getting off my soapbox now.

Daphne in Atlanta