Algone Algae control - should I use it?

I just got back from our local Aquarium society meeting and we had a
presentation by a rep from algone algae control product.  Take a look at
http://www.algone.com  and let me know what you think.  It sounds too
good to be true.  Supposedly it is all natural and works by starving the
algae and after about 6 weeks I should be crystal clear.  I have some
nasty hair algae that needs attention.  They gave me a sample to treat
one tank and I don't see the harm.  A LFS using it with a 55G in a
southern window exposure is spot less!  I guess my biggest concern is if
it would starve my plants too.

Chris Wells
cdwells at concentric_net