Re:Small 1-gallon tank

> Aquatic Plants Digest   Wednesday, February 24 1999   Volume 03 : Number 868
>
> From: Curt Shambeau <curt at execpc_com>
> Subject: RE:  CO2- do I need it?
>
> > Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:05:24 -0500
> > From: Jag Amberkar <amberkar at prodigy_net>
> > Subject: CO2- do I need it.
> >
> > I have 75 gallon tank, about 50 fish, average length of 1,5 inches. The
> > tank has lace plant, 2 Amazon sword plants, Vals, Bacopa, Moneywort, Hygro,
> > Cryptos. Do I need add CO2 to this tank ? Can the fish produce enough CO2 ?
> > My fish are healthy and plants looks healthy. Please advise.
>
> Need:  NO
> Will it improve things:  Probably

Correct. I compared two identical 55gal tanks, side by side in natural light, one with
CO2 and the other without. The plant growth was almost identical, a little better in
the tank with CO2. I was also able to grow certain species that required lower
pH in the CO2 fed tank.

--
Raj
Bangalore, South India