Apple Snail Book

Hi,

I'm interested in the following book:

Dr. Gloria Perrera, Apple Snails in the Aquarium : Ampullariids : Their
Identification, Care, and Breeding
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0793820855/qid=919884676/sr=1-2/002-0318442-0469024)

Has anyone out there read it?

Is there much information on genetics?

I've got them breeding madly and am coming up with four colour
variations and a wide variety of growth rates.  Colors are basically,

1)Purple with dark stripes
2)Opalescent 'whiter' color with no stripes
3)Normal brown with dark and light stripes
4)'Caramel' brown with no stripes

The last batch I've raised has yielded snails that after 2.5 months vary
from a little under the size of a pencil eraser to the size of a golf
ball.  I've no idea why the wide variation in growth rates--besides
evolutionary ponderances.

And I know they're herbivorous, it doesn't matter, I've got about eighty
of them growing in a 33 planted, they only eat the detritus and algae on
the glass, the perfect pet, right!?!?  They NEVER touch the plants.  But
I can only state this for the young, the adults may be a slight bet more
agressive but I really doubt they'd cause much damage.  They(adults)
didn't like windelov java fern so...

Colin Anderson