Re: Plecos and Acrylic Tanks

I had a similar question when first getting an acrylic tank.  I had heard
that some of the large, aggressive wood chewers may cause problems.  Stuff
like the Royal pleco.  The regular, cheap, pleco should not cause a
problem was the advice I got.  Certianly anything that would be acceptable
in a planted tank would be fine.

I have had an acrylic tank for only 6 months with a "regular" pleco in the
6-8 inch TL and have not noticed any marking of the tank and the pleco
seems fine.

Good luck the acrylic tank is just breathtaking, I love it.

o    Mike Nielsen                                                        u
m    Department of Geography         THE OPTIMIST BELIEVES WE LIVE IN    ?
a    Harvill Bldg Box #2             THE BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE WORLDS;    w
r    Tucson, AZ 85721                THE PESSIMIST FEARS THIS IS SO      h
e    mnielsen at u_arizona.edu                                              o