Re: nitrate test kit results

Jim Wilson wrote
>I need some clarification on my test kit results.  I'm using the
Lamotte nitrate kit model sl-ncr.  It indicates "Nitrate N PPM" in
increments on 0.25, 0.5, 1.0, 2.0 ...... Now in the instructions it
states "Record as  ppm Nitrate Nitrogen (NO3-N). To convert to nitrate
(NO3), multiply results by 4.4 Record as ppm Nitrate."

My question is which of these should I use to measure the level of
nitrates in my tank?  Am I reading straight off of the slide viewer or
am I multiplying the amount by 4.4?

>snip

Multiply by 4.4

==