Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #853

>Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:51:57 -0500
>From: "James Purchase" <jpurch at interlog_com>
>Subject: RE: My attitude

>comment about Fluval filters and fish poop, Gary Plano has a question:
>
>>Is anyone else sick of Mr. Purchase's attitude?
>
>Well, I tend to piss myself off regularly, but as I have to live with
>myself, I get over it. I suggest that you do the same.
>
>I have owned Fluval filters in the past, I own them in the present, I shall
>probably continue to own them in the future (at least until they break down
>or can be replaced). There ARE design aspects of the Fluval like which I DO
>like, but when compared to an Eheim there IS a clear winner, regardless of
>the vast difference in price, the Eheim is a better design with higher
>quality components. You do of course have the freedom of choice to buy and
>use whichever equipment that you choose to. But once you buy it you have to
>live with it.
>
>I'm sorry if I can't be cheery all of the time. Oh, and by the way, you can
>call me James, my father was Mr. Purchase.
>
>James Purchase
>Toronto

Ok, Mr purchase.  If you decide to let it go, I can also.  Please do not
comment on my typo's.  If you do, I will be forced to comment on the poorly
checked grammar and run on sentances in your post.  The EHEIM is not a clear
winner, and it does not have vastly superior components.  The professional
series does.  I say you give it a rest.  Both filters are excellent, and are
invaluable to the fish hobby.  I know you will not waver from your stance.
The fluval will continue to be produced for a long time.

If you have any further comments towards fluval filters or myself, please
email them to me directly.

gary plano
jettat19 at mail_idt.net