Re: Kitty Litter & CEC

>Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 08:50:25 -0500
>From: "James Purchase" <jpurch at interlog_com>
>
>It would seem to me that while a measure of CEC might be important for our
>purposes, it doesn't seem to be necessary to go to extraordinary lengths to
>see it top 100. If it was necessary, please explain the success of the Dupla
>style substrate?

Uh, sorry, the High CEC gurus can't really explain that. Nor can they
explain why a Boothist setup can grow plants just was well, if not better,
as a Pushackian setup.

>Could one of the aquatic botanists or perhaps a chemist on the list add
>something to this, please?

I suspect *someone* will add *something*. Yes, but I wonder who?

>Enquiring minds want to know. At least one inquiring mind wants to know <g>.

Hey, make that two.

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  Back on-line! New URL! Slightly new look! Same good data!
    http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/