Changing Light Levels

I have  20 gallon high tank with a 3 year old 15 watt vitalight (used
probably 2.5 years, almost year-round).  It is full of low light plants
(mostly java fern, java moss, anubias)  I have been keeping in this
holding tank until I could place them into a larger tank.  They have been
there close to a year. The plants have done fine with large leaves
reaching for the light.   I would like to replace this light with a new
20 watt Triton.  Since the plants are accustomed to the lower light level
(probably a fraction of what the vita light  was new), how gradually will
I have to acclimate them to the new light and what are the best methods
for doing so?

Thanks,

Jack

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]