Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #851

>Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 18:27:15 -0500
>From: "James Purchase" <jpurch at interlog_com>
>Subject: RE: Flakey Fluvals
>
>After reading the recent flurry of posts concerning problems with
>re-starting Fluval canister filters, may I make a suggestion?
>
>It's called E-H-I-E-M. Really folks, how much fish poop do you want to
>injest? Lay out the few extra bucks up front and be done with it. I've yet
>to have an Eheim anything break down in a manner which could not be easily
>repaired, and some of my Eheim pumps have seen 10 years of service. I've
>said it before and I'll say it again, Daleco has a sale on (35% off of all
>in-stock Eheim equipment). There really is NO excuse in this day and age and
>this marketplace for poorly designed merchandise, no matter how innexpensive
>it might be. If people stop buying them, Hagen will get the message and
>redesign them.
>
>James Purchase
>Toronto
>
>P.S. - Please spare the list with a series of Fluval success stories, very
>few will believe them. Instead, send them to my junk mail address -
>billgates at microsoft_com <g>

If you had not wanted to be confronted on this you should have not said
anything.  The fact is, you are wrong.  There is nothing wrong w/ the Fluval
Canister filter.  I have seen most work for 10+ years with no problems.  The
eheim professional series is the only class of eheims i rate higher than the
Fluvals when it comes to quality and ease of maintenance.  The fluvals are
very easy to prime, it just takes a little practice.  There is no reason to
have to resort to sucking fish poop.  If anyone needs any help priming their
fluval's, email me.  I will be happy to help.

Is anyone else sick of Mr. Purchase's attitude?

Gary Plano Jr.
Jettat19 at mail_idt.net
Http://members.xoom.com/gary74/index.htm
Http://www.mysp.com/p/macroalgae