Re: Polarized light (was APD V3 #851

Hello George,

Reflected light IS polarized, but that does not have *anything* to do
with "reversing polarity" of the light.

I don't think that plants care one way or the other. Just think: Such a
"polarized death ray" -- perhaps a staple of the science-fiction crowd
-- would kill the vegetation around any lake, because light reflected
from water is polarized! (And what about the Star Wars crowd? Wouldn't
they salivate just at the thought of it?)

I know, such a non-romantic explanation doesn't measure up on the
excitement index to the "death ray" theory -- but such is life!

Best,

George