Why doesn't CO2 affect alkalinity, only pH?

	I used to have the answer to this one:  dr. dave had a neat litle
explanation which he posted here.  I spent 1/2 an hour looking for my hard
copy, and about 45 minutes looking through the archives with no luck.  The
searching was done to save me the time of posting the question here...;-)
I remember it had to do with CO2 being an uncharge molecule, and something
to do with it therefore affecting only H, but other than that, well,
obviously I don't remember much.
	Someone care to re-post dave's explanation or re-explain it?

Thanks,

	Andrew
~^~
 ~