Fluval tip

Another thing I do to get my Fluval 403 restarted (aside from the already
mentioned holding horizontal to expel air) is that after cleaning I like to
run it for a sec with the return hose into a bucket.
This serves two purposes: First the pump doesn't have to lift the water all
the way back up to the tank. Second, all the gunk loosened from cleaning and
in the hoses are not expelled into the aquarium. I run it until clear and
then put on the return hose to the tank.
They are not easy filters and I hate fussing with the o ring with my head
under the tank cabinet, but they have run very reliable for me and are
cheaper than most.
Tony Minneboo
Owner, Angels West
mailto:fishingt at angelswest_com
Visit our website for breeding quality angelfish and proven hatchery
supplies.
http://www.angelswest.com