Pumice contents

Not that I doubt what anybody said, but here is the information I got
from Cornel universities Something to grow on WEB pages on Pumice: I
also remember reading that Amano uses pumice or volcanic ash as his
substrate.

http://www.cals.cornell.edu/dept/flori/growon/media/inorg.html

"Pumice
Pumice is produced as volcanic lava cools; escaping steam and
gas contribute to its porous nature. This alumino-silicate
material contains potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, and
slight amounts of iron. Pumice can absorb K, Mg, P, and Ca
from the soil solution and render it available for plant
absorption later (Bunt, 1988)." They also say some interesting things
about vermiculite.

Somebody fill in the blanks here!

Robert Paul H.
http://www.aquabotanic.com