Young SAEs

Hi group,

My local fish store has a tank full of what they label as SAEs.  They do
look somewhat like the adult SAEs I have, but they are very small, about 1"
long.  The black stripe does run to the end of the tail, and the fins are
transparent.  The mouth is non-sucking.  However, there is a light stripe
above the black one.  Do young SAEs tend to have a light stripe above the
black stripe?  How do I tell for sure these are the real mccoys.  I want to
add a few to my tank.

Thanks,
Hoa