Re: Acquamarine

In a message dated 2/8/99 1:50:44 AM Mountain Standard Time, Aquatic-Plants-
Owner at actwin_com writes:

> RO does not get rid of
>  phosphate, chlorine and amonia, which are the only things in my tapwater
>  that are really objectionable.  To get rid of those, you need a DI unit,
>  which is really expensive to run: between $10 and $30 a month to replace
>  the resin cartridges, depending on who you ask and where you are.

Pet Warehouse sells a reasonably priced KATI-ANI combo DI unit that is
rechargeable.  I'm guessing it would be $30-50 per year (US) to use thgis
system, as the rechage chemicals are really cheap and readily available.

Bob Dixon