Re:tetra initial sticks

In a message dated 2/7/99 3:50:08 AM, Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com writes:

>Does anyone have experience with this stuff? How long will it take to
>settle/filter out?

I confess I have misused them once and properly once. The first time I didn't
crumble them up and they turned black in time and the tank went anerobic.
Second time I mixed them properly and did what you did, stirred up the bottom.
The mess will settle like ash so you might as well filter it out and vac the
bottom. I hand poured Fluorite, another mess maker, to cover what I couldn't
vac up. The filter clogs quickly but gets finer and finer as it clogs. The
flourite cloud clears very quickly. Squeeze out the sponge and you can dry the
mud and make fertilizer balls.
Having fun?