Re: sigh...laterite

Roxanne Bittman lamented:
> It's not possible to push crumbled laterite (Substrate
> Gold, etc.) into a water-filled, established aquarium.
> Guess I didn't make this clear.
>
> Roxanne Bittman

Yes, it is!  I've used Substrate Gold in this way. As I recall, you add
a little bit of water, smush it into balls, bake it at 350 or so for a
few minutes, and shove it into the substrate.  It's been a while, so
someone else should probably post a better set of directions.  Maybe
Jennifer Glover would be willing to post her Substrate Gold Christmas
cookie recipe?

Alysoun McLaughlin