Glossstigma

Hello All, I'm a newbie to the list, (another Vancouver Dweller)

I obtained a VERY small clipping of Glossostigma and have been trying to
get it to grow for about two months now, but alas my efforts are
fruitless.  I know it's a bright light plant and I moved it from a 30
gal with 80 watts of light, yeast CO2 (teenager's budget *Sighs*) and a
peat based substrate to a ten gallon with 45 watts of light,yeast CO2
and a soil substrate.  Is there a trick I'm not aware of?  it's put on
maybe 1/2 an inch of VERTICAL growth, but I cannot get it to spread at
all.  Any Tips?