Co2 method and Rotala mac

I want to say thanks to the fellow who talked about the Champagne yeast
method. I plan to try that out. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

About my Rotala mac. What is it with this plant anyway?? It was nice and
big and red. Then it went mottled green and the tops died... they looked
kind of chewed... maybe the Angel fish is eating the new leaves??...
anyway, then they came in looking lovely and red again... two days latter
the new leaves are transparent mush! What the #%#**@ is going on?

Most of you know that I'm using PMDD (in the 50 gallon where the Rm is). My
KH and GH are 3.5 or 4, Nitrate was 0 last I checked so I've been dosing
the PMDD with potassium nitrate in the mix. I have injected CO2 working
fine with a pH controller. pH stays between 6.8 and 7. A light tube died
yesterday so has probably been not so good for awhile. (I know, I know I
should change bulbs more often.) Could lower light cause the transparent
mushy look?

Olga
in Vancouver where it is blowing a gale and raining