Re: Bolbitis heudeloitii

10-4,  I had some once in a 84f discus tank and it withered away until I
moved it to my 76f tank.  Now it does OK.

Tom Brennan

Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 00:02:16 EST
>From: IDMiamiBob at aol_com
>Subject: Bolbitis heudeloitii
>
>I just received a shipment from Pets Warehouse including a Bolbitis
>heudeloitii.  It doesn't appear to have much of a root system.  Do I plant
>this in the substrate, or should I tie it to a piece of driftwood like it
was
>Java Fern?  Would a piece of coconut shell work?
>
>Bob Dixon

Bob,

Bolbitis is planted,as u've mentioned,like Java Fern. U can tie its rhyzome
(fishing line works!) to wood or rock. I don't know if coconut shells
work,as they might ROT underwater.

Bolbitis is very much a low light,low temperature plant,growing pretty
slowly,much like Anubias sp. (or java ferns) :-)

Khew