Algae on leaves

Quick question:  My newly established biotope is doing wonderfully.  The
plants are growing fine and all appear to be in good shape.  My problem is
that I am having some algae growth...that's normal but I am seeing much of
that growth on the leaves of my plants.  I am concerned this will evenually
kill them.  I have a flying fox (not sure if it is a REAL Flying fox) that
does some cleaning but not much.  What can I do to prevent or slow this
process and am I looking at a potential problem in the future if this trend
continues?  The aquarium is a 29 gallon with 60 watts of light.  The photo
period is set to 11 hours.  Should I decrease that period?  Any suggestions
would be appreciated.  Thanks

Duane