Pond Fertilizer in an aquarium

It's called "Aquatic Tabs pond plant food spikes" and it's for lilies and hyacinths. They are about two inches long, and are somewhat rectangular. It says to put in two of these spikes, and they will last 6-9 months. How much should I use in a 55g tank? It's 22-8-4, which is high in phosphorus, but I think that the lemna/salvinia/azolla will be a buffer against any kind of out of control
algae. I am told that to do this I need a whole lot of fertilizer, so I am thinking this is the best way to do it. Also, should I change all of my bulbs to Chroma 50s, or should I keep some of the GE plant bulbs that supposedly give good red light?
Thanks.