Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #816

David Brooks wrote:
>Subject: Yeast CO2 vs. Canister CO2

>There is a tremendous difference in price between the two
>methods of providing CO2 so I believe some sort of return should be
>demonstrated before an investment is made in such expensive equipment.
>I am one of the subscribers to the idea that if you half the cost of
>setting up a tank, you can get 2 for the price of one.

The nicest benefit is not having to mix up and worry about the yeast
mixture. The "real" Co2 is more reliable and less hassle. Having to refil a
CO2 cylinder 2 a year (or less) is a lot easier than redoing yeast CO2
every 2 or 3 weeks. There's always the worry about the cat knocking it over
too. <g>

Olga
in Vancouver