Sv: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #815

>>Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 12:45:23 EST
>>From: IDMiamiBob at aol_com
>>Subject: Re: CO2 injection options
>>
>>Joseph writes:
>>
>>> I was
>>>  going to try dripping HCl (commercial muraic acid) into a
>>>  solution of NaHCO3 (Sodium bicarbonate).
>>
>>Me too, but I'm building my system to use crushed dolomite. (CaCO3).
>It is
>>available cheap at garden centers.  I am in the process of trying to
>get one
>>of my medial type friends to get me one of those roller-style IV drip
>>regulators.  I am told they are still in use in some ER and paramedic
>>situations.
>>
>>Bob Dixon.

I think the drip regulators, be it rollertype or screwtype, plastic or
metal, being much too unprecise.
(checking and adjusting the drop-rate on 5 hospitalized patients is a full
time job)

The German "Aqua Technic" who also makes the ANI and KATI makes a CO2
reactor a more intelligent
way. It is called ZEO MAX.  Spoke with the owner a year or so ago. It works
with the help of a membrane
measuring the CO2 content in the water and via the pression difference
regulates the HCl dripping. The only problems I see are how to adjust to a
specific CO2 level (the system only
producing CO2 in accordance to what is used) I havenīt tried it, but heard
from 2 friends who use it, and they are satisfied. About 60 US$,  5$ for a
membrane. (Danish prizes)
Sorry, I donīt have the address, but usually it is advertized in the German
magazine DATZ. Telephone is (Germany) 071924800.

Ole.