dear Anthony, no I'm not some newbie idiot.

> and thanks for all the advice I didnt recieve about my plant tank thats
> full of thread algae

Hmmm... OK.

"Whatever you do, DON'T read any of the AGA archives.  Also, be sure to
STEER
CLEAR of the www.thekrib.com web site."

Ok  I must seem like a complete idiot, sorry
I am a very conciencious and dedicated fishkeeper, I breed discus and rams.
I do 2 water changes a week on all my tanks

Its just that I am new to the plant tank seen, I have spent 6 months
reading everything I can about aquatic plants and visited all of the above
sites many times, I have read every one of these plant messages and have
done everything by the book.

Its just that I thought this new tank would work out and i am very stressed
about the thread algae, none of the local fish shops even own any test kits
other then NH3 and pH let alone sell them.
I mail ordered a nitrate, phosphate, iron, gh and kh test kits, (none have
arrived on time)

So while I do understand that you think Im some silly slap dash idiot I am
really not.
If water changes are necasary I will do them 2 times per day. i never watch
TV.

Anthony, your answer was rather humourous but thats not the way it is......

Regards all,
Daniel Green.
bevgreen at cygnus_uwa.edu.au