Re:Temperature probe

Harvey Wrote:

> > Pretty silly when you consider that the Radio Shack +/- 2 F thermometers
> > are selling for similar prices.  No contest!
> >
> There is a difference between resolution and accuracy. The Radio Shack
> unit displays to ± 0.1°F resolution, but has ± 2°F accuracy. The Hanna
> Instruments displays to ± 0.1°F and has an accuracy of ± 0.5°F and costs
> $26. Hanna Instruments is still a better instrument and at a good price

Here we go again: Aquatic Gardening as Rocket Science

Since when is this kind of precision required. As a professional chef, I
have carried the Taylor instant read thermometers for years. I have also
used the digital ones. The digital ones supplied to us were not
adjustable, as fact the Health Dept found objectionable, while the
Taylor ones are.
The digital ones also tended to measure variable temps. So that in a
kitchen composed of 2 chefs, and 20 commis, you find all many of the
thermometers reading differently.

BTW George you have to use the Ice bath method of Calibration Unless you
plan on compensatig for the pressure difference in boiling water.<g>
--
Ric Cooney, N3BRB
rcooney at bcpl_net