Re: Substrate Gold

Steve and George were talking about the 'proper dosage' of Substrate Gold:

I can't tell you what's best, but I can tell you that my last laterite tank
was set up with Substrate Gold.  About a third of the recommended dosage
(that's all I had left, and I was being impatient).

The growth was quite strong (mostly bunch plants), and my corkscrew val were
reproducing rapidly and growing out across the top of the water.

Just a side note, I haven't been able to keep corkscrew val alive since I
switched to flourite.  I've heard that it's a 'heavy feeder', so perhaps
it's the competition (more densely planted tanks now), perhaps it's because
the substrate just isn't as concentrated and rich.

Alysoun McLaughlin