organic substrates

>I think in _my_ case, my problems with the hybrid substrate might have
>stemmed from the use of so much peat in the mix. I have no proof, but having
>that much organic matter so deeply buried no longer seems like such a good
>idea to me.
>
>James Purchase

James,

In this tank

http://viewimages.aquaria.net/users/r/rsexton/sjotank/sjotnk28.jpg

I have almost an inch of composted cattle manure under 3 - 5" of fine beach
sand.
Oh yeah and there is a couple of balls of steel wool shredded in with the
manure.

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719