Re: Rising iron levels?

> The odd thing that I've noticed is that I used to add 1/8 tsp. Flourish
> daily before, to achieve a reading of .1mg./L on my Hach iron test kit and

While the follow up to your question sounds reasonable, I just wanted
to note here that Flourish is not intended to be a primary iron
supplement i.e. to use it solely for the purposes of maintaining
iron. The reason for this is the very problem you encountered... even
though you were within the dosing range given on the bottle, this is
still a range that is highly dependent on utilization rates of the
organic nutrients found in Flourish. Your system was utilizing iron
faster than it was utilizing the nutrients in Flourish, thus you
needed to add more Flourish than needed to maintain the correct iron
level while adding an excess of organics. This is why we came out
with Flourish Iron, as it contains only the gluconate iron thus
allowing targeted dosing of iron independent of the nutrients found
in Flourish.

-Greg Morin

Gregory Morin, Ph.D.  ~~~~~~~Research Director~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seachem Laboratories, Inc.      www.seachem.com     888-SEACHEM