Lux/PAR/Kelvin - Dana Riddle Light Analysis

I read Dana Riddle's book The Captive Reef and there is a chart in there that
implies that the higher kelvin bulbs produce more PAR. See page 249 where the
chart shows that the PAR of a metal halide bulb is Lux divided by 75, but the
PAR of a 10,000K metal halide is Lux divided by 30.  This implies that the
10,000K bulb has more than twice the PAR of a regular metal halide, given they
start with the same lux.  Based on that, I tried a 10,000K bulb and the
results were disappointing.  When I switched to a 6,500K bulb, presumably with
lower PAR, the plants did much better.  What gives?

Tom