Eheim filters

I've been a reader for some time and enjoyed reading everyone's
opinions, but for once I have a question.

I am in the market for a filter for a (still to buy) tank which would
be 75-90 gal with both plants and fish.  I would like to stick with
Eheim since I've had nothing but quiet, reliable operation from the
2213, but I was curious about their professional and wet/dry filters
vs their 22xx series.  Anyone have any experience they could share?

BTW, I don't find cleaning the 2213 to be a big bother as I've read some
people comment in previous e-mails on the subject of Eheim canister
filters.

Thanks,
mt